For detailed information, other images and documents, please select individual articles from the following table.
2-component adhesive AL-1
Low-emission adhesive for bonding angle brackets in aluminium windows, doors and façade construction
Register now and access more than 6,000 products
Register now and access more than 6,000 products
No possibility of dripping thanks to the thixotropic setting of the adhesive
Can be painted over and powder-coated
- The adhesive can be painted over with many paint systems once cured
- Can be subsequently powder coated (max. 30 minutes/+230°C)
Easy to apply
- With the manual pressure and compressed air gun together with the screwed-on static mixing tube, the cartridges are mixed homogeneously and emptied both cleanly and economically. There is no need to mix manually
- The optimised cartridge plungers guarantee even and reliable dispensing
- The integrated sealing notch enables simple and precise cutting of the cartridge, without needing complex sealing plugs and screw caps
Short static mixing tube is tailored to the cartridge
- Rapid dosing
- Reduced adhesive consumption as less residue is left in the mixer nozzle
Cartridge is highly impact-resistant and shock-resistant
For increase usage reliability
High degree of temperature and weather-resistance
Solvent and silicone-free
- For adhesive joints of aluminium, copper, brass: only on chemically pre-treated or coated surfaces; these materials cannot be permanently bonded in an age-resistant manner without appropriate pre-treatment of the bonding surfaces.
- Will not bond to polyolefins (including PE, PP) without pre-treatment e.g. plasma or corona treatment. Priming is always recommended for bonding to hard PS surfaces.
- Powder coatings with PTFE components cannot be reliably bonded without pre-treatment (e.g. plasma process).
- Zinc-plated sheets should always be protected against the permanent influence of moisture. To prevent the formation of "white rust", any moisture that arises must be prevented from coming into contact with the bonding surface!
- Sunlight discolours the adhesive but does not affect the adhesive strength!
- In the case of powder coating, the elements must be transported in the heating furnace such that no mechanical load is exerted on the adhesive joint during the temperature load. 2-component adhesive AL-1 has been tested for 30 minutes at a temperature of +230°C. At this maximum permitted load, the adhesives soften greatly and have no intrinsic strength at the time of the heat load. The original strength and elasticity of the indicated adhesive systems are restored after cooling of the elements with no significant losses.
- When bonding different materials (with different expansion properties), the bonding gap dimensions must be adapted according to the long-term behaviour.
- When bonding solid wood on solid wood, the adhesive should preferably be applied to both bonding surfaces The pressing force should be ≥1 N/mm² if possible.
- For bonding solid wood in outdoor applications, suitable tests should be performed to determine the optimum permanent bond depending on the type of wood, weather intensity, surface protection, and geometry of the bonding gap.
- If moisture is expected to have a long-term impact, the bonding gaps/bonding surfaces must also be sealed/protected with a suitable sealing compound!
The usage instructions are recommendations based on the tests we have conducted and on our experience; carry out your own tests before each application. Due to the large number of applications and storage and processing conditions, we do not assume any liability for a specific application result. If our free customer service provides technical information or acts as an advisory service, no responsibility is assumed by this service except where the advice or information given falls within the scope of our specified, contractually agreed service or the advisor was acting deliberately. We guarantee the consistent quality of our products. We reserve the right to make technical changes and further develop products.
Please observe the technical data sheet!
The adhesive is suitable for structural bonding of aluminium corner brackets in anodised and powder-coated fascia and sash frame profiles in aluminium window, door, and façade construction.
The application surfaces must be clean, dry and free of grease. Screw static mixing tube onto the opened adhesive cartridge and insert the cartridge into the dosing gun. Discard the first 20 g of mixed adhesive. Apply adhesive to the profile or the adhesive surface and join the parts. Then fix the bonded parts in place and/or press in place until the functional strength is achieved.
For more information, please refer to the technical data sheet.
Select RAL-colour code
!! NOTE: On-screen visualisation of the colour differs from real colour shade!!